maandag 24 juni 2013

My life at beware beach: Be carefull with the "child"

Summercamps notebook!

Next week, the summercamps are starting!
For 9 weeks, kids from age 10 to 17 will come over to camp and choose to wavesurf, windsurf or kitesurf for a whole week. In 3 of these weeks I will be leading the kids into the kitesurf activity and therefor we had an evening to prepare the summercamps. I learned a lot and am very excited to start.

Group colleguas for the summercamps. I'm the third from above.

We were given a notebook for the summercamps. In this notebook we are free to write something whatever we like about the summercamps. Idea's, stories, memories, games, whatever! Something relating the summercamps.
The most important thing is to keep the notebook in 1 piece.

Take care for it as if it is your child.

 In the three weeks of summercamp I will be working on. There will be weeks for kids to write their story. It is up to us to make it the best story ever.
"If a child will have a bad week, he/she will carry it with him/her for his/her whole life.
We are to raise the child, but also letting it have a wonderfull time with a lot of fun.
For us it may just be a week of work and babysitting. But for them, it's a week of getting to know new people, a new sport and lifestyle and their summervacation. So we must be aware of everything we do and everything we say as it is a big influence to the children. They are looking up against us and will do what we do. "

It is such a responcibility to carry for those weeks and I'm sure it won't be easy. The shifts are from 8 am till 11 pm and even in the nights you will have to be stand-by for the kids that cannot sleep or have any troubles. I think it will push the limits in working together in a team and still provide the best for the kids. But afterwards it would be paying off in gratitude. I'm looking forward a lot!

So the camping for the summercamps is builded up and I had to move my tent to another field to stay. Luckily next to the field of the summercamps so I can go to my tent pretty quick if I need something.
We moved the tent in a evening to avoid rain in the next morning and managed to do so before it got dark. Small things like the flaggs still need to be hung up again but I can do that in a free evening.
I took out one bed so my tent is really spacious and I can put a chair in it to chill. that's a comfort +1 I tell you. It's a luxury to be able to sit against something with a roof on your head :D I can read books without bothering my neck while laying down and cook inside my tent!

Boyfriend cooking breakfast inside the tent

So I look forward to sleep in there this week.
I have my first kitesurfcamp to lead. Not a summercamp, but a school camp. They will kitesurf with me for 1 week and I stay there for 5 days.
It appears to be cool because you're building up a bond with the group you're with. But I'm pretty curious how it'll go because it IS my first time leading the same group... But we'll see!

Going there in an hour! Time to pack my baggs, I love packing clothes that I just washed and smell so NICE!
Have a lovely week and see you laters!

Lovely sunset on the bridge meanwhile rushing to the camping to move the tent before it's dark.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen